Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Card Craze

I started scrapbooking after the birth of my second son nearly six years ago. The first page I made for his album was nice aesthetically, but I had a lot to learn about adhesives. In particular, the warping effect of liquid glue used in excess. I have learned since then, thankfully.

The next year I spent scrapbooking my older son's school accomplishments in preparation for his high school graduation. Hundreds of hours later I had two books bursting at the seams ready to display at his graduation open house. Whew!

After that marathon scrapbooking year I started dabbling in other paper arts and mediums. I can't tell you the last time I made a scrapbook layout. Another one of my goals for this coming year is to get back into documenting my family and enjoying the creative process more than I have before.

In 2009 I went on a card making jag. Everyone got a handmade Birthday card that year! Handmade Valentine cards? -Of course! Even handmade Christmas cards. (The recipient list was much shorter that year! LOL!) I still make my Christmas cards every year, but the Birthday cards and other holiday cards have all but ceased.

I can't say that I dislike making cards, per se. I made one last week for a RAK project. They just aren't the huge creative deal that making other art or scrapbook pages are for me. I don't even take a picture of them before I send them out.

That's the great part about paper arts - there are plenty of options and creative outlets for every passion. The creative journey is as much about learning what I do like as it is about what I don't like nearly as much.

So here are some pictures of the cards that I made that card crazy year...


Birthday card for my MIL


 Valentine card for my sweetie (Changito)

Valentine card for my little one
  
Masculine Birthday card
 
Another masculine Birthday card
 
Birthday card - recipient unknown
  
Father's Day card for my sweetie (I.Love.Changito!)
  
4th of July card for a Soldier

Birthday card for my SIL. (She didn't like that I put her age in such large numbers on the front of the card! LOL!)
  
Birthday card for my niece.
 
 
Thanks for looking!
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment