Friday, March 22, 2013

Made New

If you possibly missed it (perhaps you've been stranded on a deserted island for the last three weeks), Tim Holtz is having a little challenge on his blog: The Tattered Floral Challenge. The requirements are simple - create your own layered creation using the tattered floral die. The deadline is today!

I cut tattered flowers out of everything you can imagine. My work table looks like a floral explosion. It took me some time before I settled on a creative path. Of course the destination I had planned is not where I ended up.

I am also entering this piece in two other challenges:  Eclectic Paperie's March eTeam picks Challenge ~ Corrugated cardstock/cardboard and Our Daily Bread Designs weekly challenge ODBDSLC148 He is Risen- The true meaning of Easter (religious).


I was lead by the renewing power of Jesus' resurrection as we approach Holy week. My prayer is that you, dear reader, know this renewing power in your life. The most amazing gift from God is that this is not just a one time renewal, but a constant and continual renewing. I am but a broken woman who in my own power can only screw things up by my own selfish motivations. Through His power something beautiful, like flowers booming the springtime, are possible.


10 comments:

  1. Great message and beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation, Karin! Love how you've used so many materials on your flowers. We're having a corrugated cardboard challenge over at eclectic Paperie in case you'd like to join in... we'd love to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome piece Karin! Your florals are so great (all the different materials and textures!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely project. The background is gorgeous and provides a beautiful place for that wonderful bouquet to flourish. So glad you joined our corrugated challenge at eclectic Paperie. Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful Project!! I just love your background, the flowers, the texture, the cross, and your sentiment portraying the true meaning of Easter!! Thanks for sharing your creation at ODBD this week! Have a blessed Easter.
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creation with a strong message Karin,great background and fabulous flowers!!!
    Thank you so much for joining us over at eclectic Paperie and good luck.
    Hugs
    Tracy
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome project. Love the corrugated flowers, it adds such wonderful texture to the flower petals. Thanks so much for playing along with the e-Team.

    ReplyDelete